Adams Air Conditioning & Heating is HVAC repair company based out of Houston, TX and today on October 17, 2017 we're proud to officially announce the opening of our annual Save The Air Scholarship give away!
Are you currently enrolled in high school or an accredited college program? Are you passionate about Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Energy Efficiency, The Earth, Climate Change, and Clean Air Solutions?
If you are, then your passion may earn you a scholarship!
With the Adams Air Annual Save The Air Scholarship, we award at least one $1500.00 scholarship to a student interested in pursuing a degree in HVAC-R or Mechanical Engineering and who's passionate about a cleaner and greener future. Each year we help students who are enthusiastic about changing the future into a cleaner and greener place for us all, and we are pleased to announce that the scholarship entry for a 2017/2018 is open!
Knowledge is power and Adams Air's foundation is deeply rooted in openly sharing HVAC information, and fostering a learning environment. Our website, our apps, our professional services and the experiences we provide are all based on the belief that education and sharing information are the keys to a better environment for us all.
In this regard we will help at least one student by offering them an opportunity to win a $1500.00 scholarship which is awarded to the student who writes the best essay based on one the topics we have provided below. This is a unique opportunity to fund your education and dreams. There are no fees involved at all, as the application for this scholarship is completely free of charge. Please read our guidelines and rules below for official entry, and let's make the air more breathable for everyone!
Scholarship Entry Deadline: April 5th, 2018
Scholarship Essay Topics
- ● How do air conditioning and heating products contribute to outdoor air pollution?
- ● Describe how a building's design and structure affect HVAC energy efficiency.
- ● In detail, describe how CFC and HCFC refrigerants can affect ozone depletion.
- ● What causes indoor air pollution and what are some HVAC related technologies that exist to improve indoor air quality and how do they work?
- ● In the simple layman's terms, describe how the vapor-compression refrigeration system works to cool or heat a home.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- ● You should presently be a senior in high school;
- ● Or, you should be transitioning from high school to a college or university;
- ● Or, you should already be enrolled as an undergraduate in a college or university.
- ● Students with full academic scholarships are not eligible to enter.
- ● Students who have won this contest in the past are not eligible to participate.
How We Would Like To Receive Your Entry
- ● Your completed essay should contain a minimum of 850 words pertaining to one of the topics listed above in the Scholarship Essay Topics section, and should contain unique original content written by yourself.
- ● Your essay will be reviewed and judged on content and creativity and should use correct english grammar and punctuation.
- ● If you include content such as graphics, graphs, data, quotes or other works from outside sources within your essay then they should be properly cited.
- ● Email your completed essay in Microsoft Word or PDF format to [email protected] on or before April 5th, 2018.
- ● If you are under 18 years of age, please provide a parent or guardian's e-mail address.
- ● Include the name of the high school / college / university and the mailing address of the financial aid office that you are presently attending or that you'll be attending after high school and proof that you are a student there.
- ● Please attach a photo/head shot of yourself in .JPG or .PNG format that is at least 300 pixels wide and 300 pixels tall.
Winner Announcement and Winner Payout
- ● We will announce the winner no later than April 12th, 2018.
- ● The main prize is a $1500.00 check that will be mailed directly to the university or college at the request of the winning student.
Good luck! We can't wait to read your entries!